Saturday 31 January 2009

A Game A Day!

In the last year or so, I've seen loads of "A Movie A Day" blogs and columns spring up. They're very popular... this stands to reason, as movies are very popular.

Videogames are very popular, too. Christ, everyone plays games these days! And yet, you don't see a lot of "A Game A Day" columns.

I guess that's not too much of a surprise... games take more effort than films, by and large. Yeah, films require you to absorb what's on the screen, and then if you're going to write about what you've watched, a fair bit of analysis too. But you can just sit there and let it happen. With a game, you've got to actually do what happens. And in a lot of cases, doing whatever it is that needs to be done can take a lot of time.

I'm going to try and play a different game each day (where possible it will be a game I've never played before), and write a bit about it. Chances are, in many cases, I won't even scratch the surface, and whatever I write might be a bit pointless. This is especially likely given that I'll probably only play for an hour or so. But hey, better than nowt, and if I particularly like the game or get sufficiently hooked, I'll play it for as long as I want. I might even re-visit it here further down the line.

So here we go, then. Let's see how long this lasts. I bet I miss my first day in less than a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment